A two day course to help you absolutely smash your projects – professionally and personally!
This course explores the main principles of project management and looks at how projects can be set up for success and kept on track. We don’t like to dwell on theory so all of our courses are practical, using real-world examples from the many, many projects that Jeremy has run. We’ll give you useful tips that you can implement straight away so you can approach your projects confidently and successfully.
It’s completely open for individuals to a book place (or two or three!) either through your company or for your own personal development. Please feel free to book using the button above to pay by card, or if you prefer to be invoiced, please get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The course covers the following topics and more:
- The basics: key project terms and definitions
- The six key principles of Project Management
- Vision, benefits and objectives
- Time, cost and quality (or scope)
- Roles of the sponsor and project manager
- Defining the Project Scope and Requirements
- Building your outline scope
- Defining requirements
- Scoring requirements
- Scope creep
- The Best Laid Plans – Building Your Project Schedule
- Identifying tasks and the right level of detail
- Assigning and scheduling tasks (visual representations)
- Dependent tasks and the critical path
- Building the plan
- What Could Go Wrong? An introduction to risk management
- Defining risk
- The risk management cycle
- Ongoing risk management
- Who’s on the team? (and who isn’t)
- Who’s on the team? Roles encountered on (almost) every project team
- Who’s not on the team? Stakeholder management
- You are not the expert
- Authenticity and authority
- Your hidden weaponry: a project governance overview
- What is governance?
- Establishing governance
- Governance structures
- Talk to the plan – effective project communications
- Types of project communication
- Who are you communicating with?
- Different communication tools – and what they’re good for
- Using the plan
- Talking about your project
- Working as a team
- Establishing meetings
- The Project Meeting
- Key tools for managing the project
- Matrix management
- Beyond the meeting room
We also look at how the skills of project management can be brought to bear on life by giving practical tips and advice for using project management techniques to improve your everyday life.
Who is this suitable for?
No pre-work or prior knowledge is necessary so complete beginners are welcome. Although this is a foundation course, it is also suitable for those who have had formal PM training in the past but now want to take their training further and learn the practical techniques to apply it to real-life projects.
This course is scheduled to run on Monday 5th and Tuesday 6th February 2024 at Clockwise in Bromley.
Full address: Clockwise, Old Town Hall, 30 Tweedy Rd, Bromley BR1 3FE [Click here for Directions]
Clockwise is a 4 minute walk from Bromley North train station and a 30 minute train journey from London Bridge station.
Both days run from 9.30am – 4.30pm with a break for lunch and coffee in the morning and afternoon.
How to book
The course costs £595+VAT per person (£714 inc. VAT) and this includes two full days’ training with Jeremy with lesson notes emailed to you after the course.
Tea, coffee and snacks are provided throughout the day. There will be a one hour break for lunch. Lunch is not provided but there is a sandwich shop onsite and there are restaurants and food outlets nearby.
To book now online and pay by card please use the Add to Cart button above and complete the Check Out process.
If you would prefer to be invoiced for payment please get in touch on email@example.com. Please note that all invoices must be settled by 29th January 2024.
If you have any questions, no matter how small, please feel free to get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do our very best to help.