A one day course that explores the main principles of project management and looks at how projects can be set up for success and tracked effectively.
The course covers many of the key elements of project management and will enable delegates to approach their projects more confidently and successfully.
The course covers the following topics:
- The six key principles of Project Management
- Vision, benefits and objectives
- Time, cost and quality (or scope)
- Roles of the sponsor and project manager
- Creating a high-level schedule
- Identifying the work
- Ordering and scheduling
- Dependencies and the critical path
- Managing milestones
- Money management – building and tracking a budget
- The anatomy of a cost plan
- Building the budget
- Tracking and forecasting
- Risk and contingency
- Bringing it all together – practical management tips and life applications.
We also look at how the skills of project management can be brought to bear on life by giving practical tips and advice for using project management techniques to improve your everyday life.
The course can be purchased as an individual delegate or as a team day for up to 20 people.
If buying as a training day for a whole team, the day can be tailored to the needs of your organisation or team. We’ll call you during the booking process to discuss the day and find out more about the areas you would like to cover.
No pre-work or prior knowledge is necessary.
The day typically runs from 9.30am – 4.30pm with a breaks for lunch and coffee in the morning and afternoon.